Evolving Your Portal
A portal is not just a website but a gateway for your brand and/or business enterprise. The following is a set of steps as a guide for how it can evolve.
Establish a digital presence with your website and use it to ...
- Convey your brand.
- Provide information on your products and services.
- Use it as a link for your social media activities.
- Allow potential customers to contact you.
Build a community of followers of your brand and potential clients or customers ...
- Create free and value added services such as free content and downloads.
- Enable visitors to create a user account into a more private and secure area to access value added services.
- Build conversations and engagements that lead to collaboration opportunities.
- Provide useful personal tools that attracts users to your portal and increases your brand following and value.
- Managing calendar events and scheduling.
From free value added services, you can start to offer paid-for or premium services or products ...
- Build your digital revenue with customers and clients from your community.
- Establish an online store or online services for customers to purchase and transact on.
- Make the customer user journey and user experience convenient and pleasant with self service and supporting services.
- Allow you to offer Media or Live Video content as a paid subscriber with a user account.
- Allow customers to access their information and automate your client take-on process and digital customer services.
Upgrade to the Workspace Portal to run your business and internal organization ...
- Provide a digital workspace for staff to collaborate.
- Use the management tools for content, processes, records, data, files, documents and reports for your internal processes.
- Manage work and staff assignments, workflows and activities.
- Provide staff with a knowledgebase with policies and standard operating procedures.
- Provide staff with a set of applications (i.e. Notes, Reminders, Tasks, Surveys, Reports, Chat, Texting, Video Conferencing) specific to their functional areas.
- Build your management dashboard for monitoring and reporting.